*ALL SVRC’S SERVICES ARE FREE
Clients can walk in and be seen by an Employment Counsellor within 15 minutes of arrival. Clients can book their own appointments from the home page by clicking on Schedule Appointment.
What the client should expect:
First appointment: General intake, gather information such as address, past work experience, sign consent to release forms and begin the goal setting process. Please remember to bring your social insurance number, a form of identification; also bring a copy of your most recent resume.
Services that SVRC offers:
- Career Decision Making
- Goal Setting
- Resumes/Cover Letters
- Workshops: Apprenticeship, True Colors, Successful Interviews, Job Search Strategies
- Online Training
- Interest Assessments Programs
- Second Career
- Literacy/numeracy and basic internet skills training for clients through our Educational and Workplace Training program
- Training Incentive Program for on the job training
Once job ready (with demonstrated job search activities), a referral to an Employment Consultant may be made. An Employment Consultant is someone that can assist you with your job search, match you with an employer and offer employers different incentives such as wage subsidies to secure employment.
The Resource Center offers:
- Many computers with online access for job searching purposes
- Printing and faxing
- Access to a job board which is updated daily