The Sault Area Hospital, ,
FULL TIME REGISTERED NURSE JOB VACANCY
ONTARIO NURSES’ ASSOCIATION – LOCAL 46
POSITION: Registered Nurse – Full Time
UNIT: Critical Care Float Pool
JOB CODE: 4020.1
SHIFTS: Shift Work
1. Participates and collaborates with other health care providers in provision of patient care.
2. Effectively uses the Standards of Nursing Practice and the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the patient.
3. Provides health teaching to patients and family.
4. Provides assistance in planning corrective actions to ensure safety for patients and staff.
5. Is compliant with legislation, organizational and departmental, regulations, standards and procedures related to occupational health and safety.
1. Certificate of competency in Ontario.
2. Certificate of critical care nursing from a program that meets The standards of Critical Care in Ontario
3. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, current within last two years.
4. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification current within last two years.
5. Current certification in venipuncture (I.V. certification).
6. Two years current experience in a level 3 ICU
7. Two years mechanical ventilation experience
8. Demonstrated clinical competency in the management and care of patients in a Critical Care and Emergency Environment.
9. Knowledgeable in the utilization and care of all mechanical equipment required for patient care.
11. Demonstrated ability to maintain successful working relationships; ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner, both in person and on the telephone; tact, courtesy and alertness in public contacts.
12. Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the Hospital’s mission, vision, and iCcare way.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
POSTED: November 28, 2018, 16:00 hours to December 29, 2018 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit