G4S Security Solutions Canada, ,
Position Full time Security Guards (11) Part Time (12)
• Hospital (5) Full time -12 hour shift work
• City of Sudbury locations –(2) Full time days/afternoons/nights
• LCBO- Loss Prevention (2) Full time days/afternoons(must have 1 year LP experience or equivalent)
• Mine Sites (2) Full Time 12 hour shift work
• Events (12) part time hours as needed
• Pipeline 1 year work (3) Full time 12 hour night shift
All are immediate starts. All training provided
• Valid Security Guard license.
• First Aid/CPR Level C (AED).
• Work with little or no supervision.
• Strong written, verbal and customer service skills.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to respond and deal with urgent/critical issues.
• Strong computer skills.
• Certified Non Violent Crisis Intervention. (or willing to train)
• Certified Resistance Management and Effective Communications.(or willing to train)
• Post-Secondary Education for Hospital/City
• Willingness to learn for all other sites
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Maintain Effective Communications skills, encouraging confidence and trust with patients, staff and visitors.
• Provide a community service to all patients, visitors and staff by providing a calm reassuring demeanor to those in crisis.
• Conduct conspicuous foot patrol and circulate on the unit at a minimum of every half hour to demonstrate presence to staff and patients.
• Observe patients, visitors and staff for escalating behavior and intervene using Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and Crisis and Restraint Management principles.
• Observe the building and grounds for any hazards, weapons or items that may be used as weapons and report to Security Supervisor.
• Contact law enforcement upon request of the clinical staff or upon assessment of circumstances arising.
• Escort/remove individuals from site and/or property at the request of clinical staff or upon assessment when behaviour becomes illegal, intrusive, disruptive, violent or impedes the capability to provide care.
• Perform fire extinguisher checks.
• Initiate emergency response codes as per emergency plans.
Wages: $14.75 – 16.00/hr.
Offering $300.00 Signing bonus for licenced applicants
Paid benefits, certification and Training