Advertising Sales Representative
Goshenite Seniors Services/50+ Lifestyle Magazine, ,
Job Title: Advertising Sales Representative
Employer: Goshenite Seniors Services/50+ Lifestyle Magazine
Hours: Full or Part time
Salary: Commission Based
Job Posted Until: September 30/2017
We are seeking an Independent Sales Rep to join our team! You will be responsible for selling advertising space in start-up, 50+Seniors Lifestyle Magazine, which debuts December 2017, and is based out of the Greater city of Sudbury. If you are self-driven, organized and energetic, you will fit right in. This is a part-time, commission only position at this point.
Candidates will have proven business development experience, a strong prospecting focus, enthusiastic initiative, thrive in a fast-paced environment and be motivated by an uncapped commission structure with a competitive base salary. You are a self-starter, organized, a proactive problem solver, and have the ability to work without much direct supervision. You will be responsible for maintaining relationships and favorable contacts with current and potential advertisers. Target potential advertising clients and develop relationships to acquire new advertising accounts
The successful candidate will make as many calls as needed to schedule between 10-12 outside sales calls weekly and travel as required within the territory. Detailed preparation, as well as creative and thorough follow-up is required for every call. The position involves extensive interaction with clients and agency contacts at all levels to determine key marketing objectives for all accounts; maintenance and growth of the magazine’s and the website’s.
- Contact potential clients to offer advertising opportunities in the magazine
- You must be willing to prospect and cold call and network to set up appointments to either capture, renew or expand new business opportunities with your clients.
- Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing clients
- Inform clients of available options for advertising art, formats, or features and provide samples
- Deliver advertising or illustration proofs to clients for approval
- Minimum two years proven success in an outside sales role - prior print and digital advertising sales experience helpful but not required
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding defined sales goals
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written, in person and by telephone
- Must reside within the market area to effectively service clients
- Proficient in CRM software (preferably Insightly)
- Responsible, dependable and hardworking with a positive attitude
- Skilled at networking, cold-calling and developing mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Strong customer service skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate with all decision-makers, gatekeepers and influencers ranging from senior management to junior planners
- You should have a computer and a valid Driver’s license.
- You must be well-versed in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Possess the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and advertising agency personnel
- Prioritize sales opportunities through a detailed account planning process
How to Apply: Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org