Registered Early Childhood Educator Assistant
LINC Sudbury, ,
Our CNC Program follows the philosophy of learning through play and exploring the environment around us. LINC Sudbury hires qualified staff and provides fun and exciting educational activity that supports the children’s settlement in Canada while they are learning English and a new culture. The CNC Staff understands each child’s individual needs and celebrates their uniqueness. The children in the CNC Program are provided with opportunities to grow in all developmental areas and at their own pace.
The CNC Program and staff are supportive and flexible in the process to allow for natural learning experiences and unexpected educational happenings, rather than being authoritarian.
The role of the CNC Staff is to ensure that the learning environment is designed to meet the developmental needs of the children and to foster exploration, creativity and impendence. The CNC Classroom is organized into designated play areas(house centre, reading centre, block centre, table toys, creative centre, sand table etc.), which will encourage the children’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional and language development. The CNC curriculum and activities are based on the children’s interests, their age group and skill levels.
We are currently looking for a Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) to join our team. This is currently a temporary position. The RECE will be under the supervision of the LINC Program Manager and the Designated CNC Staff to provide high-quality care with a child-centred approach to the children participating in the CNC program ensuring health and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow the CNC Requirements.
• Planning of appropriate activities for children in accordance with the written program philosophy.
• Welcome and interact with newcomer children and parents.
• Provide activities and experiences that meet the individual developmental needs of the children.
• Set up and take down equipment and other items used in the program.
• Maintain records, including a daily record, Attendance Form, Child Profile, and Session Management Forms.
• Inspect CNC space for safety issues and seek corrective action according to procedures.
• Work with team members to create a positive learning environment.
Qualifications for CNC Staff include:
• Early Childhood Education Diploma (for the RECE position).
• Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
• Experience working with the ages of children that will be cared for.
• Current Standard First Aid and Level "C" CPR Certification.
• Current proof of Immunization and Tuberculosis status.
• Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the Care for Newcomer Children Requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In addition, a CNC Staff has the following:
Skills and Abilities:
• Develop and Implement daily activities that support and promote the development of newcomer children - in Long Term Programs, Short Term Programs or Combined Care Programs (as applicable).
• Understanding and awareness of settlement issues and the concerns of newcomer children and parents.
• Ensure that a safe, secure, well organized, clean play space and CNC learning environment at all times.
• Engage children in activities that support the developmental needs at various ages and stages of children's learning, promote early learning and that are fun, play-based, child-centered approach and that are interactive.
• Guide and assist children in the development of healthy eating, dressing and toilet habits.
• Assess, observe and record the skills, abilities, interests and needs of children through written documentation, and open communication with parents and other staff members.
• Discuss children's progress or concerns with parents and other staff members.
• Attend meetings and workshop's as directed by the manager.
• Adhere to the Care for Newcomer Children's Requirements.
• Maintain a professional and positive relationship with parents and staff.
The job involves working with young children and includes lifting and participating in physical activities. It may also involve supervision of children and physical activities out of doors.
How to Apply:
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or LINC Sudbury 85 Larch Street, Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 1B8 (End Date: July 5th, 2017)
Start Date: September 5th, 2017
Company: LINC Sudbury