We empower those seeking employment and education through information, counselling, training and support to maximize
The Board of Directors, established the organization's mandate:
- to provide a resource centre to assist unemployed clients to secure employment
- to provide employment counselling and referral to other services and programs
- to network on issues regarding literacy/numeracy
- to provide literacy/numeracy to clients
- to ensure that the utilization of community programs, services and resources are available to the unemployed to enhance their employability
The Sudbury Vocational Resource Centre was established in 1986 to respond to restructuring that was taking place in the mining industry.
The initiative was called Project 25-44 and was designed to re-integrate males receiving social assistance back into the labour force. As a result of this highly successful program, the Centre expanded to provide services in partnership with Federal, Provincial and Regional governments.
SVRC incorporated in 1986 and has charitable status. Charitable # 128101615RR0001.
The organization has a Board of Directors that is highly committed to maintaining a productive, warm and friendly environment where employment and training information can be obtained.